Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Can anyone find out more about...

...ASI (Assistant Sub Inspector) Omle?

Apparently, but I dont really have confirmed reports, "he was the reason why we were able to catch Kasab alive. Chased the Skoda on his 2 wheeler and was the first to open the Skoda and to hold on Kasab's AK 47 when he riddled bullets into his stomach & intestine, held it tight till his last breath so he couldn't shoot anyone and his colleagues were able to kill ismail and nab this one." So writes in someone who has read about it and wants to help his family?
http://pragmatic.nationalinterest.in/2008/11/30/policemen-who-caught-the-terrorist-alive/

Can anyone help us track this family down? I've been trying to find this name in the list of casualties and havent been able to or have I missed it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

saw a brief account of the guy on TV last night.
hats off to the guy.

Anonymous said...

This might help Kiran

http://www.hindu.com/2008/12/04/stories/2008120461892000.htm

Will send you an email..I would love to help with money, since I dnt think handing food / clothes will be practical. I dnt have a problem transferring funds to you, if you will be willing to handle the money.

Do let me know.

Anonymous said...

Yes please Kiran. Do let us know if we can transfer funds to you. it would help people living outside Mumbai.

Anonymous said...

Not right now and not to me dears, let me get names of wives and you can transfer funds directly to them...

Anonymous said...

Were you able to track the family down?

Anonymous said...

I think his correct name is Tukaram Umble.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amod, for the right name. No Sunshine, havent yet been successful. Thanks for the link...