Thursday, April 2, 2009

Update on Cheetah Camp victim

This report in from Nomad:



Hi,


While talking to Shabnam during one of my routine calls to her, she very hestitatingly asked me if there is another help we may be able to provide. She mentioned that her mother knows how to sew so if a sewing machine could be arranged for her she will start looking small jobs from neighbors for alteration or tailoring jobs. Also this way she can fit all the clothes she has received from us as per the girls' sizes.

I did a quick search online to see how much they cost, the minimum cost I spotted was Rs. 3,000 on an Usha Tailor Machine. I am not sure if and where second-hands may be available, but we could check on that. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, I asked her and again she reluctantly said that she hasn't found a job yet and so there is no cash for the next month for groceries etc. We'll need to look into this as well.
If you would like to help her please write in to us at indiahelps@gmail.com.

No comments: