Monday, May 21, 2012

Fw: ‘If you would lift me up, you must be on higher ground’ - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Subrat Goswami <subrat@ahambhumika.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 17:57:08 +0530
To: Subrat Goswami<ahambhumika@gmail.com>
Subject: 'If you would lift me up, you must be on higher ground' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

'If you would lift me up, you must be on higher ground' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The last I wrote about the dire need for a transport minivan to be able to carry out the  expanding activities of NGO Ahambhumika into Mohabadia, Bodakho and surrounding villages, was in mid February (1). Three months on, I am still seeking funds for it.

I would be deluding you if I said I had not made good collections towards it. Some rather magnanimous donors have come forward with funds – all of which are equally worthy towards Ahambhumika's purpose of purchasing the minivan.

The Tata Venture minivan worth INR 4,60,000 we had set to procure can be a reality for us if we can make a further collection of INR 1, 25, 000.

This is an honest, urgent and a beseeching plea for the balance funds for the minivan. Come summer and some of Ahambhumika's critical work awaits the need of a minivan. I have stood outside of the Tata showroom looking at the minivan Ahambhumika needs but cannot afford as of now.

From the very core of my belief in Ahambhumika's work I hope there will not be many more miles to making the transport minivan a reality.

NOTE: Those who have already donated towards this purpose MAY NOT contribute again.

 

REFERENCE:

1.      Widening The Embrace Of The Cloth Bank; Ahambhumika.org; Web May 2012; http://ahambhumika.org/2012/02/13/cloth-bank-2/

 

No comments: